We are moving to a brand new facility 4700 Parkside Ave. We Open the doors of our new facility in the Fall of 2013!
Discovery Charter School
Discovery Charter School, located in the West Parkside area of the city, is surrounded by beautiful, scenic Fairmount Park. It serves approximately 730 students in grades kindergarten through eighth grade. Now in its ninth year, Discovery has a professional, support and volunteer staff of 100 persons.
Our Vision is to empower children to develop knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors that will make them lifetime learners and engage them in opportunities where they can put them into practice.
Our Mission is to connect what is learned in the classroom to the real world. The learning program provides extensive opportunity to make education relevant through “discoveries outside the classroom”. Through an expeditionary learning approach, educational concepts are made concrete and reinforce the necessary relationship between actual experience and education.
“Where education is not just preparation for life, but life itself ”
- 09 May 2013SAVE OUR SCHOOL! Save a great school! Please click the link above to help us save our school!...
- 21 Mar 2013Powerschool Parent sign in presentationInstructions to set up an account in powerschool. You need the letter sent home with the proper access codes....
- 25 Jan 2013Capital CampaignGood Day Parents, our capital campaign is in full force and we are still looking for ways to earn money towards our new school building. We would like to speak with your colleagues and employers to request their assistance in helping us reach our goal. Please contact Ms. Evans at 215-879-8182 EXT. 113 to receive [...]...
- 25 Jan 2013DCS FAMILY NIGHT OUT!DCS FAMILY NIGHT OUT! Please see the attachment. Payments can be made with a debit or credit card Monday through Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Evans at 215-879-8182 ext. 113....
- 17 Jan 2013Student ReportDCS is mixing it up with fruits! This week we on are driving the healthy bus. We have fruits and vegetables for everyone here at dcs. Ignore taking time to eat something that just tastes good to you . Try to eat something that’s healthy and great for you . DCS is trying to tell [...]...