September 24, 2014
Dear Discovery Charter School Friends and Families: Although we have begun the second year in our beautiful new building, the fundraising effort to secure and maintain our future is far from over. We are asking that every family make a pledge to contribute to our Capital Campaign Fund in whatever amount that is most suitable to your budget. All of those that have walked through our doors have seen the spectacular Donor’s Tree in the main lobby. You may have wondered how your family or corporation could be commemorated as a DCS supporter. Contributors have their names engraved on a stone for a donation of $100-$500. Donors of $500-$1,000 receive an engraved leaf. The top tier of contributors, donating $1,000 and over, are honored with an engraved dove. Pledge cards are available at the front desk for individual donations. Corporate donations can be made through the office of Pamela Evans, School and Community Liaison. Your generous support is greatly appreciated. Sincerely,
Capital Campaign Fund Committee
Discovery Charter School
Discovery Charter School, located in the West Parkside area of the city, is surrounded by beautiful, scenic Fairmount Park. It serves over 800 students in grades kindergarten through eighth grade. Now in its twelfth year, Discovery has a professional, support and volunteer staff of 100 persons.
Our Vision is to empower children to develop knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors that will make them lifetime learners and engage them in opportunities where they can put them into practice.
Our Mission is to connect what is learned in the classroom to the real world. The learning program provides extensive opportunity to make education relevant through “discoveries outside the classroom”. Through an expeditionary learning approach, educational concepts are made concrete and reinforce the necessary relationship between actual experience and education.
“Where education is not just preparation for life, but life itself ”
- 19 Nov 2014Arrival and Dismissal ProceduresPlease go over the following flyer to be reminded of our arrival and dismissal process: Arrival and Dismissal Procedures Some key points include entering and exiting the building for Kindergarten and 1st through 8th grades, rain and extreme weather dismissals, when and where students can be picked up, and the main office hours during dismissal....
- 18 Nov 2014Attention All Middle Schoolers: Community Service!All 8th Graders must have 40 hours of community service in order to graduate. Hours can be accumulated from 6th, 7th, and 8th grade years. Please use the following form to show proof of donating time and return to Ms. McKim as soon as possible. Community Service Confirmation Form...
- 12 Nov 2014Home and School Association ElectionsH&SA Ballots Cast Your Votes!...
- 11 Nov 2014Our Phones are DownOur telephones are down! If there is an emergency please contact the Main Office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will update the website as our phones are being worked on. Thank you....
- 07 Nov 2014Discovery Charter School Science Fair!Discovery Charter School is hosting an exciting Science Fair from December 8, 2014 to December 12, 2014! Kindergarten through 3rd Grades can present a project as a class, and 4th through 8th Graders can submit their own individual students projects. Please contact your student’s homeroom teacher for more details and entry forms. 2014 Science Fair […]...